MIC Chinese Simplified Chinese Traditional English
  | Sign In | Join Now | Inquiry Basket Inquiry Basket (0) | Recent Visit History | Join Audited Suppliers | Help | Region Guide
Qingdao
Powered by Made-in-China.com

Home » Qingdao » Sight Seeing

Sight Seeing

Zhanqiao Pier

Zhanqiao Pier

Zhanqiao Pier, built in 1891, is the symbol of Qingdao. After several restorations, from being a simple military harbor, it is now open to tourists. The pier is 440 meters long. There is an octagonal pagoda of distinctive Chinese style, “Huilan Pagoda” at the end of the pier. From the top, tourists can fully view the magnificent sea. Along the shore is the beautiful Pier Park, which is a pleasant and quiet place for tourists to rest or enjoy the scenery of Little Qingdao Isle and its white tower.

Tianhou Palace

This temple has the longest history in the urban area. Tianhou Palace was first built in the Ming Dynasty (1467AD). Its original name was Tianfei Temple, and was later changed to Tianhou Palace. With a stage in the front and bell towers and drum towers at both sides, the temple has been developed into Qingdao Folk Customs Museum.

Tianhou Palace
Government House

Government House

This stern, gothic structure was the seat of government during the German occupation of Qingdao. Situated at the foot of the Southern slope of Guanhai Hill .facing the Zhanqiao Pier, the European-style architecture imposes an impression of authority and solemnness. Built in 1906, it was named the "Governor's Office Building", because it was there that the German governor maintained his office, From Qingdao's liberation in 1949 until a recent shift to the New City Center to the east, it was the seat of Qingdao Municipal Government. Now it is the office building of Qingdao Political Consultative Conference. During the early 1990's the Qingdao government commissioned a similar building, which, joined to the original structure, from a magnificent square architecture grouping. The original building is listed in the register of national relic protection sites.

Aquarium

Qingdao Marine products Museum, established in 1930, lays exhibition hall. The aquarium displays various living aquatic animals, while the sample exhibition hall shows some rare Samples. the castle-like building exhibits over 100 live aquatic animals, 2000 animals and plants, and 20,000 specimens. It is the only specialized museum in China.

Aquarium
Luxun Park

Luxun Park

Built in 1929,Luxun Park is located on the shore of the Huiquan Bay. It got its present name in 1950 in memory of the distinguished Chinese modern writer Lu Xun. The park is a perfect combination of traditional Chinese gardening art and natural beauty.

Xiaoyushan Hill Park

Xiaoyushan Hill Park, located on Xiaoyushan Hill at the eastern end of Laiyang Road, is the first classic hill park of the city with an area of 2.5 hectares. From the 18-metre-high, 3-storey octagonal pavilion tourists can have a bird’s eye view of the city: the red roof-tiles, the green trees, the blue sea and the azure sky. Big mural paintings and beautiful legendary stories give tourists much imagination.

Xiaoyushan Hill Park
Little Qingdao Isle

Little Qingdao Isle

Little Qingdao Isle, whose shape is like an ancient violin, is also called “violin Isle”. Germany built the white lighthouse on the isle at the beginning of this century. Its light reflected on the sea makes quite a spectacle at night, so much so that it has become known as “floating light of Isle”.

Hot Region Index: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNPQRSTUWXYZ